Automobile Rental & Bus Lines
Note: unless shown otherwise, all telephone numbers shown are area code 907.
Alaska is a great "road trip" state. The scenery is breathtaking along the roads. Having your own vehicle means you can explore and experience the freedom of Alaska.
The road system in South Central Alaska is pretty simple actually. The Richardson Hwy goes from Fairbanks to Valdez. The Glenn goes from Anchorage to Glenn Allen (connecting with the Rich). The Seward Hwy goes from Anchorage to ... well, Seward. The Sterling Hwy splits off the Seward and runs to Homer. The Parks Hwy goes from Palmer to McKinley National park.
All of these roads are great drives. You can see the mountain ranges, geology, and geography of roadside Alaska. The state has developed a system of roadside interpretive signage at the scenic overlooks. They are a highlight - It's like driving through a museum.
Check out these links - Rand McNally for road trip info and advice. And http://511.alaska.gov/ for current road conditions. (Be sure to check out the 511 site. Road construction happens all the time and it SUX!)
- Valdez U-Drive
- Valdez Airport Terminal - Phone: (907) 835-4402 in
Alaska : (800)478-4402
- Herz Rental
- Valdez Airport Terminal - Phone: (907) 835-4378 Reservations:(800)654-3131
- Dollar Rent a Car
- www.dollar.com - 1-800-800-3665
- Thrifty Car Rental
- www.thrifty.com - 1-800-THRIFTY (847-4389)
- Alaska Car Rentals
- www.AirportRentalCars.com - great spot to compare rates - also check for discounts!
- Alamo - Car rental
- www.alamo.com - 1-800 GO ALAMO - 1(800) 462-5266
- Parks-Richardson Hwy. Express
- 479-3065 / 888-600-6001
- Brown's Bus Lines Inc
- Mi 1.5 Rich Hy - Phone: (907) 835-4335 or (907) 835-5335
- Mayflower Contract Service
- Mi 187 Glenn Hy Glennallen - (907) 822-3188
- Homer stage line
- Bus Transportation on the Kenai Peninsula connecting Anchorage - Homer - Kenai - Soldotna - Seward