Surprise Cove State Marine Park in Prince William Sound
View Traveler's Guide to Prince William Sound, Alaska in a larger map
Surprise Cove State Marine Park is located near Whittier on the western side of the mouth of Cochrane Bay.
- One of the most popular anchorages in western PWS (8 or more boats in the cove on weekends)
- Hiking in forested uplands and two large lakes draining into Surprise Cove.
- Abundant tide pool life can be found at Point Cochrane during minus tides.
- Seven camping sites on various terrains. Beach camping, 3 tent platforms
- Bear-proof locker and latrine are provided
- Water can be collected at streams that feed the cove.
Information from: Alaska State Parks