Decision Point State Marine Park in Prince William Sound
View Traveler's Guide to Prince William Sound, Alaska in a larger map
Decision Point State Marine Park is approximately eight miles east of Whittier. The park is best for kayakers and small boat users, as there is no protected anchorage for larger vessels. The public use cabin in this park is located on the west side of Squirrel Cove.
- Four tent platforms near the cabin by a boardwalk trail.
- Each tent platform can accommodate one tent and are available on a first come basis.
- A cooking area and bear-proof locker is provided for food storage.
- Beach camping for up to 10 tents with two fire rings
- No mooring buoys are provided at Decision Point SMP..
Access via charter boat or float plane.
Decision Cabin (16' X 16')
- This 16' X 16' cabin is constructed of beetle-killed, milled spruce logs
- two full size bunk beds
- sleep eight people.
- A table, benches, counter and oil stove are furnished.
- The latrine is located a short walk toward the tent platforms.
- no freshwater source near the cabin or tent platforms
- may be reserved for up to 7 nights.
- GPS W 61.08.907 W 146.35.746
Information from: Alaska State Parks